7 Wonders Bedouin Camp Petra
After a day being blown away from the wonder that is Petra, the 7 Wonders Bedouin Camp, just outside Little Petra awaited me. About a 15 minute drive from Wadi Musa (where the Petra Visitors Centre is located), a night in the hills of Petra was exactly what I wanted.
If you do not have a car (as most do not), the team at 7 Wonders will pick you up from wherever you are in Wadi Musa, whether it be the visitors centre, or the bus station etc. They also take visitors to the Petra Visitors Centre in the morning, so don’t think that you will need to hike through Little Petra the back way (but you can). Little Petra is a 20 minute walk from the camp.
Our Favourite Guides to Jordan and Inspiration on Jordan Travel. Click on the Photos to Check them out!
You can find more info on Petra and how to Hike the back way from “The Best View in the World” to Petra and possibly get a free day from Gabriela’s experience here.
In the evening, the mountain beside the camp alights with hundreds of shining lanterns. We only had one night at the 7 Wonders Camp, but many guests were spending multiple nights there. It was definitely comfortable and I wish we had had more time. After spending the day hiking in Petra, the beds in the tents were clean and comfortable, and had plenty of blankets for the cool March nights we experienced.
Things to know about staying at the 7 Wonders Bedouin Camp in Petra:
- 7 Wonders has all types of tent sizes (44 tents in total), we had a family tent which had 4 single beds
- Electricity comes form a generator at 7 Wonders which means there is hot water after 7pm until midnight
- The tents have plugs for charging electronics in the evening when the power is on and there is cell service in the camp.
- Dinner and Breakfast are included in most room rates. Dinner features traditional meat dishes, prepared in the on site kitchen, with salads, vegetables and desert. Tea and coffee accompanies typical Jordanian breakfast of hummus, bread, tomato, cucumber, zattar, and eggs.
- the Bathrooms were exceptionally clean, the best that I had seen in a camp
- In the cooler season, there is a covered tent “lobby” to relax in the evening. In the warmer months, expect bedouin tea and a bonfire. (If you have kids, consider grabbing some marshmallows before you arrive. And hey, If you are an adult, consider bringing some too)
- the pathways are lit, but tread carefully, as there are steps, rocks and hilly surfaces to reach the tents. We brought our headlamps, and were glad to have them!
Camping in Petra can be booked here… or click on the button below to see the latest prices at Seven Wonders Bedouin Camp.
[su_button url=”http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinmid=6776&awinaffid=240993&clickref=&p=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fhotel%2Fjo%2Fseven-wonders-bedouin-camp.en-gb.html%3Flabel%3Dgen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaCeIAQGYAS64AQfIAQ3YAQPoAQGSAgF5qAID%3Bsid%3D950bec7908aa930388715e1bce3df6e9%3Ball_sr_blocks%3D29167203_94397630_0_1_0%3Bcheckin%3D2017-09-04%3Bcheckout%3D2017-09-05%3Bdest_id%3D-974865%3Bdest_type%3Dcity%3Bdist%3D0%3Bgroup_adults%3D2%3Bhighlighted_blocks%3D29167203_94397630_0_1_0%3Bhpos%3D1%3Braw_dest_type%3Dhotel%3Broom1%3DA%252CA%3Bsb_price_type%3Dtotal%3Bsrfid%3D4793918bd8f59017274c85e86c5605ba0b8ab1bdX1%3Btype%3Dtotal%3Bucfs%3D1%26%23hotelTmpl” target=”blank” style=”glass”]Check Prices[/su_button]
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 2838,2837,2836,2835,2834,2833,2832,2831,2830,2828,2827,2826,2825,2824,2823,2822,2821,2820,2819,2818,2817,2816,2815″ limit=”26″ link=”post” target=”blank” width=”180″ height=”180″ title=”never”][su_custom_gallery source=”media: 564,579,585,582,581,580,579″ link=”image”][/su_custom_gallery]
Want more on Jordan?
â†“â†“â†“ PIN ME… â†“â†“â†“
Are you Planning a visit to Jordan? Check out our favourite website for the best hotel deals by clicking… here.
[su_frame]If you found this page helpful, i would love it if you would pin, share or tweet it on whatever social media platforms you use! Every little bit will help us fund our travels and continue to bring great content to our site! … [/su_frame]
Subscribe to our mailing list
Lindsay Nieminen hails from Vancouver, Canada and shares her love of travel on this website. She is passionate about showing others that they should not put off traveling the world just because they have young children or are single parents. She aims to encourage them to seek out adventure, whether it is at home or abroad by providing information on how just about everywhere can be a destination to explore as a family.