Dana Guest House Review
Everyday that we travel through Jordan, something blows me away. Today it was our visit to Dana Village and a night spent at Dana Guest House in the Dana Biosphere Reserve.
Owned by the Royal Society for the Conservancy of Nature (RCSN), and known to most as Wild Jordan, the Dana Guesthouse is perched on a cliff high above the Dana Biosphere Reserve. Its Panoramic Views are simply stunning and it is worth spending a night at the guesthouse to watch the sun set over the hills.
While sitting on the patio, a flute, being played from a shepherd below the hotel can be heard in the almost silence of Dana Village (Unless you are present with my two boys, who have no interest in watching the sun set in silence.)
Cow bells, tied to the neck of a heard of goats, clang as the animals make there way along the steep grazing sites below the village.
Birds, over 200 species in Dana Biosphere Reserve, fly below the guest house, their chirping and singing, relaxing for all who listen.
Dana Guest House is a special place to enjoy the view of Dana Biosphere reserve. It is a popular place for hikers, who will hike the Wadi Dana trail to Feynan Ecolodge, or other trails in the region.
A New wing was recently added to the Dana Guest House, with private bathrooms, a shower with a million dollar view, large spacious rooms and patios. The old wing of the Guest House, which was once a research station, offers cozy rooms with patio”™s and shared bathroom facilities.
Dinner is available at the guesthouse, and buffet breakfast is included in your stay. Typical Jordanian staples of hummus and salads accompany rice, chicken, potatoes and other hot options at dinner.
Breakfast features typical Jordanian eats, pita and hummus, cucumber and tomato, labaneh (a thick yogourt), dates, and hard boiled eggs.
Our Favourite things at Dana Guest House:
- The spacious rooms allowed a sitting room, as well as patio to enjoy the panoramic views of the reserve
- The view. I cannot say enough of the view. For those who are afraid of heights, this hotel is LITERALLY on the edge of a cliff. Take that into consideration when visiting Dana
- The friendly staff ensured that every need we had was taken care of
- Because the guest house is small, the staff ate dinner with us. I enjoy facilities who treat their staff like a guest and who allow them to indulge in the meals provided.
READY TO BOOK?
Notes about Dana Guest House:
- there is no elevator to access the lower floor
- coffee / tea / hot water are not provided in the rooms
- wifi in only available in the lobby and not provided in guest rooms
- a 3G signal can be obtained from the patio of the hotel
- Dana Guest House is a dry hotel and liquor is not served
Looking to Book a Room? Check Prices here.…
You can hover over this pinnable image (or any image on my site) to quickly… pin it… !
Want More? Sign Up for Our Newsletter to get more great content and travel tips delivered to your inbox!
READY TO BOOK?
Lindsay Nieminen hails from Vancouver, Canada and shares her love of travel on this website. She is passionate about showing others that they should not put off traveling the world just because they have young children or are single parents. She aims to encourage them to seek out adventure, whether it is at home or abroad by providing information on how just about everywhere can be a destination to explore as a family.